Saturday, May 16, 2009

Pay It Forward!

Pay It Forward - you're familiar with the concept, right? (We probably all are thanks to the c.2000 movie with Spacey etc). The idea that, when someone does something nice/helpful to you, you are inspired to do a similar thing for someone else in turn? I'm so used to reciprocal kindness, almost to a point that, when someone is generous to me without expectation, I still feel indebted and like I need to repay them. And that's not always a bad thing, but 'paying it forward' requires branching out a bit from that mentality - learning to receive without feeling indebted, and also learning to give without expectation of repayment.
Well the PIF concept has been floating around in Crafty Blogland for a while now, but I've just been inspired by Ms Urban Craft to join in. I'm going to be the happy recipient of one of her funky creations, and in turn, I'd like to make YOU something. Anything, really. You can choose. I don't have any original creations but I like sewing stuff, as exhibited in the collage above.
(Yes, I also make children, but I'm not offering one of those creations up. Well, not today, anyhow...)
Are you interested? Would you like a 'clutterpunk original' of some description? Here's the rub. You need to:
1) Be a blogger (so that the PIF concept keeps going online), and
2) Be willing to handmake something for another 3 people
It doesn't matter what you make for others, it's all in the spirit. It can be small. This isn't a swap, so there's not going to be a comparison of skills or materials. I'm not going to know what you make for someone else anyway.
OK, the first three people to say you're interested and willing to pay it forward, let me know via the comments. And then we can have some fun figuring out what I'm going to make you!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Lovely idea - I have been admiring your green recycling craft and would love to me part of your 'pay it forward'. I'd love to receive something made from recycled fabric and i'll then make three others something else from recycled materials. Fun!

    Cheers,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in? am I too late? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea :) I'll be in on it if I'm not too late!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And thank you so much for more bloggy kindness and the link to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'M IN LOVE! Thank you - Elsie is so cute! She makes me smile. I love that she is all recycled - I love her lopsided ear - I love the feel of the scrap fabric stuffing. I just love her. She actually reminds me of a knitted sausage dog my grandmother made for me when i was a child.

    Little eco would not let go of her as soon as she saw her. We were out shopping and she 'walked' Elsie through the shops, crouching down so that Elsie's colar doubled as a lead. Very cute. I've since stolen her back and she is sitting proudly on my kitchen dresser.

    Keep an eye on my blog for some cute froliking in garden pics of her.

    Thanks Gina!

    ReplyDelete

“Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.”
~Albert Einstein