So the pillowcase bug bit bad, and I just had to extend my repertoire. The two top pictures are of a pillowcase apron. I used the project found in The Crafter's Companion, which was great. About half an hour is all you need for one of these little babies - a very gratifying project indeed. I particularly liked the technique used to make the pockets, which was new to me.
I've become an apron maniac this week, wearing them everywhere and even trying to force them upon my beloved (yep, that is his hairy wrist protruding awkwardly from the sunflower apron pocket). Gosh darn it, they may be seen as a symbol of oppression but they're very useful, not to mention flattering on a less-than-washboard stomach.
I decided to make myself a snazzy 'going out' apron too, this time featuring some of my favourite feature pieces that have been waiting in my stash for a special project. It's reversible, padded and slightly odd but I'm loving myself sick in it. The patterned fabrics are c/o Aunty Cookie and Ink&Spindle, and the bird print is the work of Red Seed Studio. A bit of an homage to our fabulous Australian textile designers, if you will. They're all very eco-friendly, too.