This one goes out to my pal Anna*, who I'm sure needs no extra help in frittering away time on the big bad Interweb, or finding MORE craft projects to start. But in the interests of streamlining searching time online, here are five favourite sites for finding craft inspiration, projects and tutorials. In no particular order. (BTW the image is irrelevant, but plain text looked so boring!)
1. Crafting A Green World: New to me this year, and given my desire to 'green' my crafting habits, a wonderful site with a diverse range of articles on a whole range of crafting ideas and materials.
2. Sew Mama Sew (the blog) : I've spent a lot of time here, given my preference for sewing-related crafts. Great for reviews, contests, and stacks of ideas and tutorials, especially in the lead-up to Christmas. And of course way too much pretty fabric!
3. Whip Up: A great site which aims to centralise what's happening in the world of handcrafts on the web. You can get feeds or a weekly email newsletter. They do a great weekly round-up
4. One Pretty Thing: Same general aims as WhipUp, but posting twice daily - a Daily DIY project in the morning and a round-up of crafty happenings in the blogosphere in the evening.
5. Living Creatively: An Australian 'online community dedicated to creativity'. Basically an online magazine. It has great feature articles, a fun projects page, and runs monthly competitions (which I'm yet to attempt to enter!). I think the only bummer about this site is that unlike the others, you don't receive updates via feeds, rather they send an email newsletter. Which just means I visit it less often.
So there you go. Phew. Happy 'research', Anna!
*Or 'Rival Anna', depending on which Anna is reading!