Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Just A Minute... in September.

Eeek, I'm racking up the posts this week, but I just had to join in Jenaveve's Just A Minute... it's such a good way to reflect on the month gone by.


Celebrating... one year of my Pudding Pie.


Juggling... full-time parenting with a bit of paid work for the first time. I'm copy-editing a book. This is a new thing for me, and I'm happy for the opportunity to explore something I think could be a family-compatible 'career'. So far I've found it energising and the balance is working out. I think my crafting will have to drop off a bit come deadline-time though!


Reading... mostly chapters for the book I'm working on. But also dipping into:




Unpicking... this courier bag I made for my husband last Christmas. We had a strap malfunction and it's been sitting dormant since February while I've procrastinated and dreamed of corner-cutting ways to fix it. Finally, I just unpicked. It took a whole 5 mins. Duh. Now waiting for sturdier strap material to arrive.



Sewing... a skirt from a pattern for the first time! Jen, you would be proud of me. It's coming along very nicely.


Refashioning... some shirts for spring/summer. If they decide to come.


Planning... gifts for the birthday-Christmas-wedding extravaganza that is looming from now until January. 4 library bags, 3 girlie smocks, 2 kinder boys, 2 glasses-cases, 1 simple quilt and a partridge in a pear tree.


Thinking... about ethical clothing, body perception, linen fabric and cupcakes. Mmmm, cupcakes.

What have you been up to this September? Pop on over to August Street and add your link in if you like.

18 comments:

  1. We've been thinking about the same things :)

    Your new job sounds interesting. I've always wanted to do that sort of thing.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Pudding Pie is adorable!

    Congratulations on your new job - copy editing would be great (except for the bit about the deadlines!). I have to admit to being secret fan of the Australian Style Manual ;)

    Good luck with all the sewing projects. I'm sure you will be more diligent than I was about clothing the kinder boys (the one residing here is more often than not just in his undies.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable is your Pudding Pie?
    TOTALLY!!!
    ...but of course, you already know that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness a busy month! What a divine piece of pudding you have there...I love everything you're doing - especially like what you're thinking about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely lit of things to be taking stock of... and that's one beautiful child you have there, Gina :) The copy-editing job sounds great - good luck with this... It sounds perfect. K

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for your comment on the eco cleaning! im willing but getting a few comments on the time consuming / convenient shop item factors but your 'easy, cheap and effective' comments have me saying 'yeah i can do this' : )

    and boy your month looks fun and busy. your littlie is a cutie too! happy september x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post! Keep 'em coming. Let us know how the skirt goes - I'm making a verrry complicated dress and I think it can only be fixed by applying bias tape liberally...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pudding Pie is ADORABLE! And good luck with the juggling! I can speak from experience it's a sliding scale with the work, but it all works out in the end - just don't get too stressed or overwhelmed, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why does it always take so long to get around to actually sewing something for yourself - I can't wait to see the skirt.
    That first year of baby always goes so quick doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, a year goes by so fast doesn't it! I love all your pictures and all your plans.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh your new job sounds great, lovely list of things : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the new job. Being able to work from home is lovely!

    I've got a similar pile of shirts to refashion....just wish I could find the time to make them.

    I laughed when I saw you are reading the Style Manual. I can remember when i used to take that book to bed to read. Weird ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Had to laugh at that one! I'd love to hear about your experience with the pattern, and if it's a goodie (I have to admit they scare me every time and I gloss over a lot of the instructions...) then I'll give it a go too.

    Oh wow!! I remember the Style Manual from my first job in publishing a decade or so ago. Best to you with the copy editing!

    And I have to say your little Pudding Pie is just delightful!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday to your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely post G! and happy birthday to the lovely Pudding! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your pudding Pie is super cute... i have to make myself one of those!! Looking forward seeing your new refashions too!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm always so amazed at how fast little ones grow, hope you all had a wonderful celebration.

    Deadlines...I'm not so good with those. Best of luck with the new job.

    ReplyDelete

“Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.”
~Albert Einstein