Sunday, July 12, 2009

ElephanTASTIC!

Wowzers... I just had to show you these beauties.

These two spunky elephants, designed and handmade by my brother's girlfriend Emily, arrived in a box on our doorstep last week. They and were welcomed with curiosity and delight - and although they are intended as gifts for the boys, I secretly think of them as ALL MINE. We have named them Frank (the bigger orange one) and Ernest (his smaller, more instrospective sidekick). Wilski immediately decided that Ernest was his. And who were we to argue? Frank, the larger, more sanguine elephant, is definitely a better fit for his brother, the little Pudding, anyway.

I'm thrilled with Frank and Ernest. Funny thing is, we haven't had the chance to meet Emily as yet, and she had no idea that I like to make stuff. Yet she took the time to design and hand-make gifts for the boys. AND they're made from recycled materials! What a champ. I simply had to show them off to you...
Thanks Emily.
Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

  1. They are such gorgeous and thoughtful gifts. I can imagine you are pretty impressed with Emily even before meeting her :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another crafter in the family? Fanstastic!

    I'm with Wilski - there's something about Ernest. It's the cute round eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW! The first thing I noticed was all those gorgeous little patchwork pieces.
    I think they're the funkiest little elephants I've ever seen. How cool to have a kindred spirit crafter in the family without even knowing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh they are so gorgeous!! Elephants are my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those elephants are fabulous. Bet you can't wait to meet their creator now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh they are just perfect!! I think Emily is a keeper ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too too cute for words.
    Clever girl and lucky boys

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thinking Emily is a definite keeper! Be very, very nice at family get-togethers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That's a keeper! I bet you like her already - what a great way to start a relationship with girlfriends of brothers (always a tricky minefield!!) They are the most fabulous elephants... hope she starts a blog too! Thanks for showing these :) K

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, they are fantastic. they remind me of mr snuffaluffagus off sesame street (is that how you spell it?)

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are simply delightful.

    Hey I love your new profile picture. It makes me smile every time I see one of your comments around the place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an incredibly kind thing to do. I love stories like that. I love hearing that I live in the same world as people like Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are adorable. Are they made from pieced material or is that a 1 piece material? My son saw them with me and immediately said they were 'Ice Age'. Which means he thinks they look like woolly mammoths. I may have to try an whip some up. Thanks for sharing the cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  14. how gorgeous! they look rather labour intensive to make though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Gina for posting a link to this in my blog! The animals are just gorgeous (and I would be secretly thinking of them as "mine" too if my kids had received them hehe).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love them... wish I had time and talent to make softies like this... a generous, lovely person Emily is!

    ReplyDelete

“Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.”
~Albert Einstein