Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A bit of pea-green clutter

I think I may have recovered from the green quilt of death* because I've been noticing quite a bit of pea-green popping up around my house recently.

For example my M* jug cover, which I purchased out of adoration for both M* herself and her gorgeous crochet. (Currently NOT covering, but complementing perfectly, the little jug I found in a pile of hard 'rubbish' on the kerbside yesterday.)


Another kerbside 'rubbish' find, these pea-green 'I heart Billy' shoes which are in perfect condition, my size and everything. (Note: I do not go combing the hard rubbish. Apparently it's, um, illegal. Both of these items were found within a block of my house, sitting among the mounds of old TVs and broken flower pots... what is wrong with people?!)


My new pea-green lemon squeezer, not a thrift find but when my plastic one broke this week I decided to get something a bit more industrial. Especially now that I've made friends with the neighbour over the fence, who has a very, very healthy lemon tree. These bad boys are going to be pulverised tomorrow and made into lemon curd... yum.


*And where IS the quilt of death, I hear you ask? (Well, I hear Meg my sister ask. You've probably forgotten!). It's still sitting around, seams ironed flat, backing made up, waiting for me to take notice of it. I've been busy working on less lurid projects... but perhaps, just perhaps, I'm ready for a spot of greenery again.


18 comments:

  1. those shoes are ACE! What a fabulous find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness those are AMAZING finds! Can I come by your neighbourhood one day? hehe

    Love everything - especially the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't see anything else, because I have a latent shoe thing (latent only because I hate shopping) and those Cinderella slippers are quite simply SEXY. (cue that sultry cat MIAOUW noise thing now).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh - is the walking foot for the green quilt? Cool! Hate to be controversial but I'm quite a fan of green... always thought this quilt looked fab and can't wait to see it done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh-my-goodness!! what kind of people throw out such treasures!!
    Lucky girl, they are gorgeous finds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot believe your curb side finds! How amazing, how fortuitous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fantastic find - I love kerbside pickups and wish we had them here in Canberra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that easy peasy lemon squeezer. You found some wonderful treasures- oh the joy of thrifting! xo m.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got to love hard rubbish! I've picked up so much amazing stuff over the years and it almost brings me to tears that it doesn't happen here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What the??? I am completely dumbfounded by what some people consider rubbish, and I'm very happy that you rescued some treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great "finds" in your neighbourhood!!
    I am a bit peeved they have cancelled hard rubbish collection where I live, always had some amazing finds!

    ReplyDelete
  12. those shoes are a fantastic find! I once found a pair of 'havaiana' thongs that were exactly my size on an empty beach on kangaroo island. i often wonder.....

    I enjoy reading your blog very much. Our mutual friend Ali put me in your direction and it was you (in particular the post showing your dirty sink), along with the movie 'Julie & Julia' that inspired me to step into the blogging world - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes you a channelling some serious green there. Could I add the contents of my tissues to your list? No that would be a bit gross wouldn't it ... mwa haha! I can almost taste your lemon curd ... delish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What is wrong with people! Why did they throw those 2 items out? But more seriously, why did they put them in the rubbish pile rather than take them to the local op-shop?!?
    Great find for you though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, I love finding bits by the side of the road! It really is true that another persons trash, is someone else's treasure. Such a verdant green collection you have going on.

    I'll be stopping by later for a taste of your lemon curd, just so you know:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love green and I like your shoes too.
    Nice to have a bit of green on a sunny day.
    Sadly, we don't have 'hard rubbish' nights in the country- but when we come to the city we drive along being facinated 'chairs', 'ohhhhh, look- cool (but very big) table'. We get abit a bit of hard rubbish jealousy!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Who would throw out those shoes??? Madness, I say. I'm planning to preserve my new stash of lemons. We've been out for a while, but if I manage it in the next couple of days, we'll have them again in a month! Can't wait.

    P.S. nice hair!!

    ReplyDelete

“Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.”
~Albert Einstein