Monday, June 22, 2009

A new obsession is LOOMING...

Literally.

Today the parcel delivery guy came a-knockin', and he handed me a wonderful surprise package from Liesl of Hoppo Bumpo, containing the contraptions you see above - knitting looms!

Liesl recently 'commissioned' a Swiney for the virologist in her life, and has very generously bestowed me with this loom set in return, following my fawning admiration of her loom-inous scarf.

As someone who seems to be allergic to knitting needles, I'm thrilled by this acquisition!! Thanks Liesl! I spent a good deal of this afternoon checking out some loom knitting on YouTube.

Another little family member was also quite excited by the new gadgets, which quickly became instruments of entrapment and torture:

I did however manage to wrestle the looms away from Wilski, rescue poor 'Robert' the figurine from his predicament, and do myself some soothing practise-looming in front of Masterchef this evening.
Bliss. Just the ticket for a sewing-weary soul.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks so cool! can't wait to see what you make - please show? :) K

    p.s. Loved the loom-hijack photo of entrapment! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, are you making a scarf? Or something else? This looks a very interesting contraption I have to say.

    And thanks - I just saw two pink possum's Alice in Wonderland post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina, you're a scream! I LOVE Mrs Doubtfire - clever, ingenious, up-cycler you! You called your model Mrs D, I couldn't bare to see one of myself (let alone put it on my blog), BUT, if I did mine would be called the Elephant man. Lumps and bumps in places one should not have lumps and bumps!!! Yoiks, cringing just thinking about it.

    Thanks for noticing my refreshed blog. I played around in Picnik with a scanned image from a vintage sewing manual. It was lots of fun. That's one of the best things for me about having a blog - it's virtual 'home' decorating. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i cannot knit or crochet, good luck my dear x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have exactly the same loom rings but can't for the life of me work out how to use them. Good idea to hit youtube for some lessons. Good luck with your loom knitting!

    ReplyDelete

“Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.”
~Albert Einstein